Jessica Taloney - A man from the Miami area is in the Escambia County jail after he pointed a gun at a motorist on Interstate 10, according to investigators.
Diantae Thomas, 23, was driving west on I-10 near Milton around 8 p.m. Sunday when he allegedly pulled out a silver firearm and pointed it another a driver. The victim called law enforcement and stayed on the telephone to give the dispatcher Thomas' location.
Officers from the Florida Highway Patrol set up a staging area on I-10 to stop Thomas, who was arrested without incident.
A Smith and Wesson 9mm firearm, which matched the description from the victim, was found under the front passenger seat.
- The Doctor is In: The importance of bio-identical hormones
- Gas Leak closes portion of Highway 31 in Spanish Fort
- Search continues for missing Elberta man with dementia
- Severe weather forces evacuations at the Hangout Fest kickoff party
- Santa Rosa schools, sheriff's office ask students to 'speak out'
- Wild Greg's owner arrested for resisting officer without violence
- Drexel on the Road: Renewing animals species, one baby at a time
- WARNING: Disturbing details, naked man caught on camera creeping near house