PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) - Pensacola Police have made an arrest in a murder case that occurred in October of 2016.
Police have charged 18-year-old Marquist Page with a single count of second-degree murder.
According to Pensacola Police, officers were called to 6841 N. 9th Ave. on October 25, 2016, to reports of a man lying unconscious behind a business next to a dumpster. Officers found 47-year-old Wes Burkhalter dead of an apparent gunshot wound.
According to jail records, Page was actually arrested several days later on other charges. Pensacola Police and the State Attorney's Office investigated and connected Page to the murder.
The gun used in the murder has been recovered, according to police.
No additional arrests in this case are expected.
This arrest closes the last homicide which occurred in the City of Pensacola.
Deputies investigate overnight shooting
Deputies seek assistance locating...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police investigate shooting near Beard Equipment Co.
- Traffic accident causes 18-wheeler to catch fire on Zeigler Blvd
- Women in Waffle House arrest video invited to meet with NAACP
- Dozens take oath of enlistment
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Deputies seek assistance locating escaped inmate
- Deputies search for Circle K armed robber
- Officer shoots Crestview homeowner inside his home
- Medical helicopter called to scene of Okaloosa County Crash