DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (WKRG) - A 23-year old man is in custody after fighting a deputy during a traffic stop on Friday, January 12.
A Walton County Sheriff's Office deputy initiated the traffic stop after observing a vehicle at the intersection of West Violet Lane and Girl Scout road with no license plate.
The driver, 23-year old Dekian Rashawn Clinch, told the deputy he did not need a license plate or driver's license to travel, according to the sheriff's office. Clinch also claimed he was a sovereign citizen.
The deputy attempted to arrest Rashawn when he became violent. Someone passing by called 911 to report a man fighting with a deputy in the middle of the street. “He’s fighting the deputy tooth and nail,” the caller said. “They’re in the middle of the road.” The deputy was able to put Clinch in custody before backup arrived.
According to the sheriff's office, deputies found a backpack with about 110 Xanax bars, numerous oxycodone and hydrocodone pills, two bags of suspected powder cocaine, paraphernalia, and a loaded Smith & Wesson handgun during a search of the vehicle.
Clinch was arrested for possession with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance, resisting arrest, and drug paraphernalia. He was transported and booked into the Walton County Jail.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Judge grants bond for Trinity Gardens shooting suspects
- Bond revoked for Trinity Gardens Parade shooting suspect
- Popular restaurant, Cook Out, coming to Mobile
- BREAKING: Citronelle Police investigate body found on Deer Chase N