SANTA ROSA CO, Fla (WKRG) - -
An accident closed I -10 eastbound at the 28 mile marker in Northwest Florida Monday afternoon. That's near Milton.
Florida Highway Patrol confirmed that one person has died, and one person was taken to the hospital.
Troopers identified the driver as 18-year-old Kaitlyn Rain Holder of Milton.
Troopers say that Holder was traveling in the westbound lanes when, for unknown reasons, she crossed the median and collided with another car traveling in the eastbound lanes.
Holder was pronounced dead on the scene.
Driver, 42-year-old Jeffrey Winter, who was in that other car, was airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries.
Florida Department of Transportation cameras showed the backup and a medical helicopter.
As of 5:20 p.m., troopers say the road has been cleared and both lanes were opened
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Mobile businesswoman turns hobby into tasty business
- USA/Ladd Stadium Proposal on Tuesday's Council Agenda
- Summer temperatures bring out venomous snakes
- "Everyone is stuck on the Bayway at some point but this really hit home."