SANTA CLARITA, Calf. (WFLA) - While the rest of us were debating where to abandon our trees, one woman decided to take hers back for a refund.
So come January, the woman reportedly wanted her money back for her once lively Christmas tree because it was now dead.
Customers at the Costco in the suburbs of Los Angeles were blown away, and one man couldn’t help but post the rest of the details on Facebook.
“I can’t make this stuff up,” he wrote. “Woman in line at Costco, totally nonchalant, to return her Christmas tree ‘because it is dead’ on January 4.”
Amazingly, she actually did get her money back, according to the post. But not without a little bit of shaming from the store and other customers.
So something to keep in mind for next year, if your Christmas tree is “dead” after being chopped down a month before, you may be able to get a refund.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Homicide investigation underway in Orange Beach
- Three arrested for breaking into cars at Gulf State Park Pier
- Rouses Market to Replace Winn Dixie in Orange Beach
- Building boom continues for Baldwin schools
- Pensacola business catches fire
- Northwest Florida teen charged with stealing mom's car and gun
- Woman gives birth at Pensacola gas station
- Escambia County School District honors school volunteers