(WKRG) - A heartbreaking photo shows a man eating lunch on Valentine's Day, who appears to be alone.
But if you look closely, you can see a bottle with his wife's ashes sitting on the table across from him.
The man is seen crying into his napkin, the table is set for two.
Chasidy Gwaltney of Corpus Christi, Texas, posted the photo Wednesday afternoon saying, "I saw something today that has made me remember that we won't always have each other to hold, talk to, love, play with or even just aggravate every now and then.
This picture speaks loudly and it may hurt your heart as it has mine. This man looks like he is spending Valentine's Day alone at first glance but that is actually his wife in that very beautiful bottle sitting on the table."
"Please love your Sweetheart while you have the opportunity, you never know what tomorrow will bring or take away!" Gwaltney wrote.
As of Thursday afternoon, the post has been shared over 302,000 times with over 356,000 likes.
Muted reaction by 'pro-family' groups to
Trapped campers, swimming bears in
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 7 arrested in 'drug dealer' warrant round up in Mobile
- Son allegedly shoots father in arm on Driftwood Drive
- UPDATE: Man wanted for allegedly kidnapping, beating his mother now in custody
- The Doctor is In: Preventing Heart Disease
- Death investigation underway after body found at Milton Dollar General
- Murder victim remembered as a "good kid"
- Man identified in fatal crash involving 18-wheeler on I-10
- INTENSE: Body camera video shows K-9 disarm suspect in Pensacola