DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) - UPDATE (7:00 pm)-- The Coast Guard has suspended its search for a possible person in the water near the Okaloosa County Pier in Destin, Florida, Thursday.
Coast Guard and Destin Fire and Rescue crews searched the area for approximately one hour and found no signs of distress and there have been no reports of missing people or distress in relation to this incident.
The Coast Guard is actively searching for an unconfirmed person in the water near the Okaloosa County Pier in Destin, Florida, Thursday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Mobile, Alabama, received a report at approximately 1:20 p.m of a possible person in the water.
Two people were seen aboard two separate red and yellow rafts. One person was seen falling off their raft, but they weren’t seen getting back on.
A 45- foot Response Boat-Medium crew from Coast Guard Station Destin arrived on scene and located one raft but they did not observe any people in distress or the second raft.
Anyone with information regarding this case is requested to call Coast Guard Sector Mobile at 251-441-6211.
Involved in the search are:
- A Coast Guard Station Destin 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew.
- A Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew.
- Destin Fire and Rescue
- The Yard Milkshake Bar comes to Fairhope
- The Doctor is In: Clinical Trials for Cancer Patients
- Report: Trump administration may put 25,000 immigrants in Baldwin County
- Man charged in cyclist's death in Fairhope pleads guilty to immigration charges
- 9 rescued from sinking boat near Destin
- UPDATE: Missing 12-year-old Pensacola boy found safe
- Alabama airman killed in WWII to be buried in Florida
- Destin - Fort Walton Beach Airport cuts wait time for passengers