KOIN Staff - PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A 5-year-old girl suffered "substantial injuries" to her face on Dec. 18 after she was bitten by a dog at Portland International Airport, the Port of Portland Police Department confirmed.
The girl was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The dog owner was cited for a violation of Port ordinance while the dog was taken to the Multnomah County Animal Control Shelter for a 10-day quarantine.
Police said the girl was petting the dog while she and the dog owner were waiting for their flights. The dog was not in a crate. It happened at 1 p.m.
Muted reaction by 'pro-family' groups to
Trapped campers, swimming bears in
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 7 arrested in 'drug dealer' warrant round up in Mobile
- Son allegedly shoots father in arm on Driftwood Drive
- UPDATE: Man wanted for allegedly kidnapping, beating his mother now in custody
- The Doctor is In: Preventing Heart Disease
- Death investigation underway after body found at Milton Dollar General
- Murder victim remembered as a "good kid"
- Man identified in fatal crash involving 18-wheeler on I-10
- INTENSE: Body camera video shows K-9 disarm suspect in Pensacola