MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - Walmart has announced three upcoming job information sessions for potential employees for the long-awaited distribution center coming to the Theodore community.
Mobile County Commissioner Jerry Carl posted about the sessions on his Facebook page Wednesday night. According to Carl's post, the job fair will give anyone with interest a chance to ask questions about the positions Walmart will be looking to fill.
Walmart said they are prepared to train people with little to no job skills, Carl writes.
"Walmart will be looking for 550 new employees so please notify your friends and family, and encourage them to come and see if they find a job that will expand their skill set!"
1/20 : Alma Bryant High School : Irvington, AL 9:00am – 12:00pm
1/27 : Theodore High School : Theodore, AL 9:00am – 12:00pm
2/03 : Bishop State Community College : Mobile, AL 9:00am – 12:00pm
The first phase of the hiring process is expected to begin next month.
Back in March 2017, News 5 reported the official announcement for the 2.5 million square-foot distribution facility in Irvington.
The $135 million facility will be the 6th Walmart import distribution center in the United States and is projected to create 550 new jobs.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar comes to Fairhope
- The Doctor is In: Clinical Trials for Cancer Patients
- Report: Trump administration may put 25,000 immigrants in Baldwin County
- Man charged in cyclist's death in Fairhope pleads guilty to immigration charges