PASCAGOULA, MS (WKRG) - Update January 26th 3:37 p.m.
Police have released the identity of the fatal Pascagoula road rage shooting.
He has been identified as 61-year old Leland Sumrall of Irvington.
Police say a man gunned down a motorcyclist in a case of deadly road rage late Thursday night. It happened just after 11 o'clock on Jerry St. Pe Highway. After responding to shots fired calls, police found the victim with several gunshot wounds near 90 and Victor St. That's near the entrance to Ingalls. According to Biloxi TV station WLOX the victim was on a motorcycle.
WLOX reports that police are investigating this as a case of road rage, and that shots were fired at multiple vehicles and that there were reports of gunfire at the road leading into Ingalls Shipyard. Emergency crews took the motorcyclist to a local hospital where he died. Police will not identify the 61-year-old victim until his family is notified.
Police arrested a suspect hours later. Luis Joel Soto Jr. of Gautier is being charged with one count of Aggravated Assault and one count of murder.
Saraland Waffle House incident
Mobile Police investigate possible...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police investigate shooting near Beard Equipment Co.
- Traffic accident causes 18-wheeler to catch fire on Zeigler Blvd
- Women in Waffle House arrest video invited to meet with NAACP
- Dozens take oath of enlistment
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Deputies seek assistance locating escaped inmate
- Deputies search for Circle K armed robber
- Officer shoots Crestview homeowner inside his home
- Medical helicopter called to scene of Okaloosa County Crash