MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - A new restaurant is coming to Springhill and will be located on a piece of property that was once the center of controversy.
Mobile's Board of Adjustment approved a plan to open a breakfast and lunch restaurant on Old Shell Road near Lavretta Park.
An artist rendering shows what the Maple Street Biscuit Company will look like.
The new restaurant is located on what was once the property of Rester Brothers Auto Repair Shop.
Last year the city denied a plan to open a bar and restaurant on the location.
Maple Street Biscuit Company has several restaurants located around the southeast.
The restaurant is scheduled to open late fall of 2018.
Click here for more information about the Maple Street Biscuit Company.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- USA/Ladd Stadium Proposal on Tuesday's Council Agenda
- Summer temperatures bring out venomous snakes
- "Everyone is stuck on the Bayway at some point but this really hit home."
- Mobile firefighters set house on fire for training