MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - The family of a young woman killed in a car accident Tuesday night is mourning her loss.
Roberta Lee Daman leaves behind a three-month-old daughter named Lyla and a fiance along with the rest of her family.
Daman was killed in a car accident that took place just after nine Tuesday night at the intersection of One Mile Road and Irvington Bayou La Batre Highway.
According to police, Daman was driving northbound on Irvington Bayou La Batre Highway when her jeep was hit by an 18-year-old driver going westbound on One Mile Road. The 18-year-old driver is expected to be okay. Daman was taken to USA Medical Center where she died from injuries she got in the crash.
We spoke to Daman's family. While they say they're not ready to go on camera and talk about Berta, they told News 5 this:
"Berta was a beautiful young woman who would do anything for you. She overcame a lot of obstacles in her childhood and was still able to find the good in people. Her world revolved around her precious three-month-old daughter. She also had a soft spot in her heart for animals and would not turn down a stray cat or dog. Berta was feisty, sincere, kind and generous. Our family is mourning the loss of her in this sudden tragedy and appreciates you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers."
Click HERE to go to the GoFundMe page set up by Berta's family for her funeral expenses and the needs of her three-month-old daughter.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Doctor is In: The importance of bio-identical hormones
- Gas Leak closes portion of Highway 31 in Spanish Fort
- Search continues for missing Elberta man with dementia
- Severe weather forces evacuations at the Hangout Fest kickoff party
- Florida woman critically injured in crash
- 5-year-old Alabama boy drowns at Florida beach
- Local officials go British during Royal Wedding
- Milton man, woman arrested for sexual battery