(WKRG) - Five local Winn-Dixie stores are scheduled to close after Southeastern Grocers, the owner of the Winn-Dixie stores, announced that the company is filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring.
In a statement from the company, they say the will voluntarily file pre-packaged chapter 11 cases.
Southeastern Grocers say they will close 94 underperforming stores, it is unknown when the stores will close.
Those five stores are in Daphne, Mobile, Gulf Shores, Monroeville, and Robertsdale.
- Mobile: 2502 Schillinger Rd S
- Daphne: 3075 Us Hwy 98
- Gulf Shores: Hwy 59 And 16th Avenue
- Robertsdale: 21951 D Hwy 59
- Moneroeville: 1134 South Alabama Ave.
News 5 reached out to the stores and as of right now, they do not know when their stores will be closing.
The company will continue to operate 582 stores under the Winn-Dixie, Bi-Lo, Harveys and Fresco y Mas brands. Not all of the stores that are closing are Winn-Dixie stores.
Southeastern Grocers has stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Here is a full list of stores closing:
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baldwin County to put a school resource officer on every campus
- BREAKING: Multiple agencies respond to Elberta fire
- Fishing for sharks at Gulf State Park Pier
- It's angler vs. shark at the Gulf State Park Pier