CLARKE COUNTY, AL - (WKRG) - UPDATE
Clarke County EMA is reporting Highway 43 in Thomasville has 6 feet of water over the road and multiple cars are submerged. Clarke County Emergency Manager reports at least one vehicle has at least one person trapped inside at Floral Creek Road near Fulton.
North and southbound lanes impassable.
Officials in Clarke County are warning people to stay off the roads in the wake of the storm system moving through. Roads and homes are flooded across Clarke County. Officials tell us 5 water rescues are underway in the towns of Fulton (2), Grove Hill (1) and Thomasville (2).
There are reports of homes flooded in the town of Jackson.
The Clarke County EMA building has been struck by lightning. Officials say they have lost phone and internet service.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Death investigation underway after body found at Milton Dollar General
- Murder victim remembered as a "good kid"
- Man identified in fatal crash involving 18-wheeler on I-10
- INTENSE: Body camera video shows K-9 disarm suspect in Pensacola