PENSACOLA, FL (WKRG)-
UPDATE: (2:45 pm)-- The Florida Highway Patrol is identifying the person killed as Ryan Michael Prather, 28, of Saraland. According to the FHP Prather's Infiniti G35 collided with a trailer being towed by a Ford F-150 and ended up in the tree line.
UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol is reporting a second accident on I-10 westbound involving a patrol car.
An accident in Pensacola near I-10 Westbound is causing traffic delays in the area.
The crash does involve injury and a fatality has been confirmed.
The accident occurred around the 4-mile marker westbound just after 5:30 A.M. Tuesday morning on the right side of the roadway.
Few details are known at this time about what caused the accident.
The Florida Highway Patrol is telling people to "avoid the area" and to use an alternate route.
Tune into News 5 This Morning for the latest details.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Doctor is In: Clinical Trials for Cancer Patients
- Report: Trump administration may put 25,000 immigrants in Baldwin County
- Man charged in cyclist's death in Fairhope pleads guilty to immigration charges
- WANTED: Driver runs from traffic stop, almost hits officer, pedestrian in Orange Beach