MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) -- Tennessee Senator Bob Corker just announced he will not run when his term expires next year. It's an announcement played up by the conservative news outlet Breitbart News, a day after running a story about Corker's investment in the McGowin Park Shopping complex in Mobile.
By virtue of that investment, Corker is one of the people who benefit from what some criticized as a bad deal for the city of Mobile and Mobile County, that gave major concessions to the Chattanooga-based developers of the shopping center.
Jody Davis New Manager
List of Thursday school closings
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Live Traffic Blog: Jan. 17
- Winter Weather Viewer Photos
- ROAD CONDITIONS: Road closures due to winter weather
- Fatal head-on collision involving 18-wheeler on Hwy 43 in Saraland