WKRG Staff - PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) -- A Florida family was enjoying a Carnival Cruise trip when they said they found a small camera hidden behind a wall-mounted TV in their stateroom, according to a report in the Miami Herald.
The report says the family from Pensacola was traveling on the Carnival Fantasy for a three-night cruise from Mobile to Cozumel, Mexico when the father says he was taking photos of dust around the cabin after having an allergy attack.
That's when he reportedly discovered the hidden camera behind the television, with its lens pointed toward the bed.
The report says the family called Carnival's security team, which sent an officer to inspect the camera. Carnival released a statement saying the camera was not operational.
"After review by the ship's technicians, it was determined that device was not operational," spokesman Vance Gulliksen told the Miami Herald. "A full investigation was conducted by the shipboard team in tandem with Carnival's shoreside security personnel, who also notified U.S. law enforcement."
The family says they doubt they'll be back on a cruise ship anytime soon. The father told the Miami Herald the cruise line has yet to follow up with him or his wife and that law enforcement has not reached out to them in reference to the investigation.
- The Doctor is In: The importance of bio-identical hormones
- Gas Leak closes portion of Highway 31 in Spanish Fort
- Search continues for missing Elberta man with dementia
- Severe weather forces evacuations at the Hangout Fest kickoff party
- Santa Rosa schools, sheriff's office ask students to 'speak out'
- Wild Greg's owner arrested for resisting officer without violence
- Drexel on the Road: Renewing animals species, one baby at a time
- WARNING: Disturbing details, naked man caught on camera creeping near house