BAY MINETTE, AL- Law enforcement agencies often see an increase in property crimes during the holidays.
In Baldwin County, the sheriff's office has its hands full investigating car break-ins, home burglaries, ATV thefts, reports of stolen Christmas packages and reports of suspicious cars and suspicious people.
Most of the crimes are happening in rural communities like Stapleton, Whitehouse Fork and Crossroads.
The sheriff's office has increased patrols in those communities. It's part of the department's Operation "Christmas Presence" initiative.
Operation Christmas Presence will remain active through the holidays.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Gulf Shores votes to change Mardi Gras parade route
- Reminder: Drive safely during freezing conditions
- BREAKING: Woman charged with murder in Baldwin County
- Baldwin County School Officials hold meeting ahead of freezing weather