WKRG Staff - UPDATE (1:30 p.m.) - All lanes of eastbound I-10 are once again open, according to Alabama State Troopers.
The eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 were closed at about 11:00 am Thursday morning due to an accident near exit 13 in Mobile County. Just after 10:00 am an 18-wheeler and a pickup truck crashed and then the 18-wheeler jack-knifed.
Traffic is backed up for about six miles in the eastbound lanes, with some delays in the westbound lanes as well. Troopers are asking drivers in the area to use caution as the clean up continues.
Haz-mat crews were seen cleaning up the fuel that spilled from the 18-wheeler.
According to Alabama State Troopers, one person was transported to the hospital, but the injuries are non-life threatening.
No word on how the accident happened.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baldwin County schools relax dress code due to expected cold weather
- List of MLK Events Along Gulf Coast
- Loxley Police Investigate Chevron Burglary
- BREAKING: Death Investigation Underway in Baldwin County