Corey Miller, a 23-year-old from Mobile, was arrested Friday afternoon by deputies with the Mobile County Sheriff's Office and charged in connection with the murder of Travis Barnhill.
Seventeen days ago on September 14, property owners in Wilmer found the body of Barnhill stuffed inside a trash can with the lid nailed shut.
One day later, the Sheriff's Office named Miller a suspect in the murder, but upon executing a search warrant on his home, deputies learned that Miller was in a coma after overdosing on drugs.
For the past two weeks, Miller has been in a coma and hospitalized. Following his release from the hospital today, Miller was picked up by deputies and taken to their headquarters in downtown Mobile to be interviewed.
Miller is currently being interviewed by Mobile County Sheriff deputies at their headquarters in downtown Mobile.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Two Mobile County men charged in ID theft case, car break-in
- Mobile DA responds after questions are raised over murder suspects' bond
- Winter weather causes slight freeze in crime
- UPDATE: Mobile Police investigate shooting in Semmes