MOBILE, AL (WKRG) There was a touching moment for a 7-year-old on the football field Monday night.
Malachi Pettway, born with Cerebral Palsy, carried the ball across the goal line during a flag football game at the University of South Alabama.
Malachi was born weighing just 2 lbs. 9 oz. with the physical disability that affects movement and posture. His father died shortly after his birth, and since then, Malachi has endured two surgeries, yet still manages to have an 'I can do it' spirit, according to Senior Bowl officials.
The Senior Bowl, which made the moment possible, sponsors an NFL flag football league in Mobile and Baldwin counties.
Malachi's uncle is the coach of his flag football team.
"Kick Butts" day in Mobile
Baldwin Co. deputy shot in the face...
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 4,900 Alabama Power customers in the dark in Northeast Alabama
- LongHorn Steakhouse presents check to Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama
- Mobile city leaders hold open house on Hillcrest Rd. traffic management plan
- Chickasaw Police identify driver in chase that ended in Prichard
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- New jobs heading to Robertsdale
- Spring Break arrests down in Orange Beach
- Spanish Fort Police chase stolen truck to Mobile, suspect runs
- Baldwin County career fair today