UPDATE (12:55 p.m.) — Police confirm the armed robbery suspect who took off naked from United States Marshal's agents early Tuesday morning is now in custody.
AUBURN, Ala. (WRBL) — The United States Marshal Service is flying helicopters over the Auburn area Tuesday in search of a naked suspect who took off after being served a warrant.
The Lee County Sheriff's office confirms the suspect, 22-year-old Jamal Aikeem Hutchinson, jumped out of a second-story window near North Donahue Drive — without any clothes — when agents arrived to serve him.
Sheriff Jay Jones says Hutchinson is wanted for armed robbery and second-degree assault.
Police confirm to WRBL-TV that U.S. Marshals were serving the search warrant at about 6 a.m. and Hutchinson has not been seen since.
A state helicopter is searching for the suspect from the air, while multiple law enforcement agencies are on the ground.
Auburn City Schools also confirms precautions are being taken.
If you know the whereabouts of Jamal Hutchinson please contact the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 334-749-5651.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Traffic Blog: Tuesday Jan. 16
- BREAKING: One Person Killed In Daphne House Fire
- Baldwin County schools relax dress code due to expected cold weather
- List of MLK Events Along Gulf Coast