MOBILE, Alabama (WKRG) -- Travel experts say there are no signs that bookings for Carnival Cruises from Mobile well into 2018 are slowing down.
Springdale travels Mari Muscat says part of the demand centers around changes Carnival made to some of its trips next years. Just this past April the cruise line said it would offer trips from Mobile to destinations like Belize, Grand Cayman, Key West and even Panama. Some would be 6, 8 or even 10 day trips.
The strength of the reservations is one good reason these travel experts believe Carnival will extend its contract with the city.
Mayor Sandy Stimpson was in Miami Monday meeting with the C-E-O of carnival with a big announcement set for Monday evening, according to the Mayor's office.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police investigate shooting near Beard Equipment Co.
- Traffic accident causes 18-wheeler to catch fire on Zeigler Blvd
- Women in Waffle House arrest video invited to meet with NAACP
- Dozens take oath of enlistment
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Deputies seek assistance locating escaped inmate
- Deputies search for Circle K armed robber
- Officer shoots Crestview homeowner inside his home
- Medical helicopter called to scene of Okaloosa County Crash