Foley, AL - In just seconds, tons of metal flipped and twisted as a twister packing hurricane-force winds touched down in south Foley. "You're hearing all that noise outside and you're thinking are we next?" Georgia and Larry Hoover could only hope for the best as the storm hit suddenly and without warning.
"We've had bad storms and maybe a little shake but nothing like this," says Larry.
Five RV's flipped over. Countless others damaged as the winds whipped through the park just as Josie Brewer was getting home. "It went right by us. My heart was beating really fast and I really didn't know what was going to happen."
Almost as fast as it hit, it was gone. Those left untouched by the storm's damage are grateful. "We're blessed," says Larry Hoover. "I feel for the folks over there because she is in the hospital. We're just blessed it went around us instead of through us."
Three people were taken to the hospital after the storm. At least one of them has now been released. The resort is locked down now. Police are keeping everyone who doesn't belong here out. Clean up will continue tomorrow.
BREAKING: Foley Police arrest man...
The Yard Milkshake Bar comes to Fairhope
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar comes to Fairhope
- The Doctor is In: Clinical Trials for Cancer Patients
- Report: Trump administration may put 25,000 immigrants in Baldwin County
- Man charged in cyclist's death in Fairhope pleads guilty to immigration charges