BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala (WKRG) -
First Class Tours confirmed in a statement that their bus is involved in the crash Tuesday morning that killed one person and injured six.
The bus was carrying band members from Channelview High School in the Houston area.
A check of the company's online safety record shows that the company has been involved in four crashes in the past two years including another death. The company has a satisfactory rating.
You can read the entire report by clicking here.
News 5 has also learned that 6 NTSB investigators are on the way to the scene.
Here is the complete statement from First Class tours:
A serious accident has taken place involving a First Class Tours bus in Alabama this morning. The bus was carrying a group of band students from Channelview High School who were returning home to Houston from Orlando.It is our understanding that there are injuries as a result of the accident. Our prayers are with the injured and their families at this time.We pledge our assistance in cooperating with local authorities in the investigation.Presently, this is all the information that we have to share. We will provide updates as additional information becomes available and it is appropriate to do so.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Death investigation underway after body found at Milton Dollar General
- Murder victim remembered as a "good kid"
- Man identified in fatal crash involving 18-wheeler on I-10
- INTENSE: Body camera video shows K-9 disarm suspect in Pensacola