DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) - UPDATE: 3:45: The Baldwin County District Attorney is expected to file charges against deadly shooting suspect Donald Nicholson, for spitting on the assistant district attorney during the bond hearing Friday afternoon.
UPDATE: 1:00 pm: The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Maria Anita Nicholson. According to the Daphne Police Department website, Nicholson was an administrative technician.
UPDATE: 10:40 am- The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office has identified the suspect as 26-year-old Donald Nicholson.
Daphne Police are at the scene of a deadly shooting on County Road 64 near County Road 13.
A woman is dead and a man is in custody. The shooting is believed to be domestic-related.
The shooting sent several schools into lockdown. The following release is from Baldwin County Public Schools:
Key Communicators/Media, earlier this morning - around 8:30 a.m. - there was a very brief precautionary lockdown at some Daphne schools due to what is believed to be a domestic violence matter that took place on County Road 64, and was being worked by law enforcement. Daphne Police asked Daphne Middle, Daphne East and Daphne Elementary to go into lockdown while they handled the matter. The precautionary lockdown lasted only about five minutes. Our safety planned worked perfectly and we always appreciate Daphne Police keeping a very close eye on our schools.
Director of Communications
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Distinguished Young Women Oyster Eating Contest Today
- Mobile Fire Rescue responding to fire on Cottage Hill Road
- MPD seeks help locating homicide suspect
- Mobile police officer passes out after chase, possibly due to heat exhaustion