Daphne, AL (WKRG) - Dozens of job seekers are getting up early for an event in Baldwin County. The Eastern Shore Chamber of commerce is hosting a career fair in Daphne with a few extras this morning.
Local officials are touting this as more than just a chance to meet potential employers and hand out resumes. It will be happening at the Daphne Civic Center beginning at 9 am this morning.
It runs until two this afternoon. They will also have seminars for job seekers:
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Remaining Relevant in an Ever-changing Workplace, Charlotte Henson-Tucker, MetaMatch Professional Services
11:00 a.m. – Noon: State Employment Services and Grant Opportunities, Alabama Career Center
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Climbing the Corporate Ladder, Susan Hale, Solution Point
The Alabama Career Center will be available to offer registration, advice and counseling. For transportation assistance to the job fair contact BRATS 24-48 hours in advance to schedule a ride. They can be reached at (251) 972-6817.--Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Blog.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- MPD seeks help locating homicide suspect
- Mobile police officer passes out after chase, possibly due to heat exhaustion
- 2nd Annual Elaine Rowe Memorial Tournament on Dauphin Island
- Ham radio operators practice emergency communications